Music is a way of learning by creating. I enjoy watching students gain knowledge, progress and also have fun in their musical journey as well as develop a sense of responsibility, motivation and positive self-esteem. To be successful in music requires commitment and communication between teacher, parent and student. My philosophy is that anyone can learn and create! At this time, private music instruction is available for all types of musical instruments: piano, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, French horn, trombone, baritone and snare drum. Please take the time to read the current studio policy.
- Go to www.prairielanestudios.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on the Prairie Lane Studios facebook page - www.facebook.com/PrairieLaneStudios
- Call 815.476.5517 or 815.922.5460 for more information
-Please read, download and complete the parent agreement and student information/emergency forms and bring to your first lesson.
-Registration is complete and your studio day/time is reserved upon receipt of forms and first tuition payment.
Your tuition includes:
- Teacher experience and training
- Continuing education
- Studio scheduling, planning, communications and administration duties
- Instrument maintenance (piano)
- Planning and expenses for performances/recitals, etc.
- Office supplies, computer equipment/software
- Taxes, insurance, utilities
*Tuition does not include weekly materials (lesson books, assignment notebook), ensemble fees or instrument rental*
All tuition is due the first day of each month. On time payments are appreciated. A $5.00 late fee will be added to payments received after the 10th of each month. Payment can be done online, cash or check made payable to Prairie Lane Studios or Tracy Smith. Students will not be able to participate in lessons or studio events if tuition has not been paid.
Tuition covers four weekly half-hour lessons per month. Students will choose a lesson time at registration. When there are five lesson days in a month, students will receive the fifth lesson at no extra charge.
- During the summer session, students will be able to pay on a week to week basis due to possible conflicts such as camps, vacations, etc.
- Payment will be due at the time of the lesson, no exceptions – cost is $20 per lesson (cash or check made payable to Prairie Lane Studios or Tracy Smith).
- Students can also pay on a monthly basis, however, no carryovers if a lesson is missed.
- Students will not be able to participate in lessons or studio events if tuition has not been paid.
Staff reserves the right to discontinue lessons/ensembles with a student for poor attendance for lessons/performances, not being prepared for lessons/ensembles, late payments, poor attitude or disrespect towards instructor or others at Prairie Lane Studios.
Trading Lesson Times
Tuition includes all scheduled activities, regardless of attendance and reserves your time in the studio. There are times when you may need to “trade” lesson times with someone if you are unable to make your own lesson time due to illness, sports, vacations, etc. I am not able to reschedule every missed lesson. Everyone will use the “trade” list at some point. Please extend courtesy when asked to trade a lesson time. Don’t run the risk of forfeiting a lesson – TRADE! Please let me know as soon as possible via email, text, etc. when you are trading.
Lessons canceled by the instructor will be re-scheduled if possible.
Depending on the severity of inclement weather (flood, snow, etc.) and the travel safety of all involved, instructor may make the decision to close the studio and cancel lessons, not rescheduling for that week. Accounts would then be adjusted.
If instructor feels the weather is suitable for lessons, the studio will remain open, giving students an option of attending. If studio is open and students opt NOT to come, lesson is forfeited and accounts are not adjusted.
Music study is most beneficial when everyone does their part:
- Support your student in reaching their goals, whether it big or small
- Observe your child’s practice time to see what they are accomplishing
- Make sure there is a consistent time for the student to practice – before school or before homework are often most effective
- Teaching responsibility and preparedness is important for musical achievement
- Pay tuition in a timely manner
- Communicate any concerns or questions to the teacher
- Practice at least 5 times a week. For best results, include practicing the day of your lesson and the day after your lesson.
- Come to lessons and all other activities with a positive attitude, energy and willingness to learn and try new things. Ask questions if you don’t understand something and take responsibility for your learning.
- Show respect for teachers, materials, equipment and other students
- Take time to share your music with others – practice with family and friends, offer to play at church or other events, record your playing and send videos to friends and relatives who live far away
- Have fun making music!!!
- Provide students with a well-rounded music education including technique, theory and musical selections. Encourage students to do their best and reach attainable goals for themselves.
- Provide students with opportunities to share their music in recitals and other studio or public events
- Provide feedback to parents regarding student progress
- Participate in education activities such as workshops or conferences to improve skills and knowledge as a music educator
If there is a need for a student to stop taking lessons at some point, the studio will require one week notice in writing prior to discontinuing lessons. However as stated above, staff reserves the right to discontinue lessons/ensembles with a student for poor attendance for lessons/performances, not being prepared for lessons/ensembles, late payments, poor attitude or disrespect towards instructor or others at Prairie Lane Studios.
PARKING: You may use the driveway to park or drop off and pick up students. Students should enter through the front door-just ring the bell!
EMAIL/TEXTING is the best way to reach me. I prefer not to answer the phone during lessons so if you must reach me during lesson hours, just send a quick email or text to my cell – 815.922.5460.
A FEW OTHER ITEMS:
- Arrive on time with music, assignment book and any other materials you may need
- Lessons will begin and end on time, and students who are late will have what remains of their designated lesson time
- No food, candy, gum or beverages (other than water) are allowed during a lesson
- Put away all electronic devices and cell phones during lessons
- Students are expected to respect instruments, equipment and music belonging to the studio and will be responsible for replacing damaged items.